Summer is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking about your patio and balcony. Why not turn them into a swimming pool? Here are five tips to help you get started.
Get The Right Materials
If you want to turn your balcony into a swimming pool, you’ll first need the right materials. You can either buy a pre-made swimming pool kit or build it yourself. If you’re buying a kit, make sure to choose one that’s easy to assemble. Once you have the materials, it’s time to get started!
1. Clear out any debris and plants that may be blocking your view of the sky or water.
2. Measure the width and length of your balcony and find an appropriate swimming pool kit or DIY instructions online.
3. Usually before you begin anything, the first step is to look for a cover for the pool. This can be something as simple as a piece of plastic sheeting or an outdoor canopy. But most importantly, if your property is part of an apartment, you should keep in mind to waterproof your balcony before you begin transforming your balcony to prevent any water leakage to your neighbours below you. You can either waterproof your balcony yourself but this may be a tiring process. So we highly recommend you to get a professionals such as ProSeal to do it for you instead.
4. Assemble the pieces according to the instructions or watch a video tutorial if you’re using a kit. Make sure all of the pieces are level and attached firmly before proceeding.
5. Add water to the pool and test the depth by jumping in. If it’s too shallow, add more water; if it’s too deep, add more pieces of the kit.
Prep Your Patio or Balcony
1. Clear the area around your balcony or patio of any objects that could fall and create a hazard.
2. Secure any items that may fall off the balcony or patio, such as plants, furniture, and umbrellas.
3. Check the condition of your railing and ensure it is sturdy enough to support your weight and hold up to weather conditions.
4. Purchase or borrow an inflatable pool liner and secure it to the railing with screws or nails.
5. Fill the pool liner with water and stake it down in place using wooden stakes or rebar stakes.
Install a Pool Ladder or Steps
1. If you have a balcony that can hold water, consider installing a pool ladder or steps to turn it into a swimming pool. This is an easy and affordable way to add extra functionality to your space, and can be done in a few hours by a handyman.
2. Make sure the area is well-lit so you don’t accidently fall into the pool while swimming. Also, invest in some safety equipment, such as lifejackets, before getting started.
3. If you don’t have a balcony that can hold water, consider purchasing an inflatable pool or installing a pool kit on your patio or lawn. These options are more expensive, but provide the same functionality as a ladder or steps.
4. If you don’t want to install anything, simply enjoy your swimming pool from the comfort of your own balcony!
Add a Filter and Heater
Conclusion: A swimming pool can be a great addition to your patio or balcony. With these five tips, you’re sure to have a great time this summer!Introduction: Summer is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking about pool toys and swimsuits. If you have an apartment balcony, you can turn it into a swimming pool with a few simple modifications.
Enjoy Your Swimming Pool!
Now that you’ve created your own swimming pool on your balcony, enjoy the summer weather and relax in the sun!
With a little bit of work, your apartment balcony can become a swimming pool that you can enjoy all summer long.